Name: Regina E. Okeke Chiugo “Nneoma” (Nee- Chukwu)
D.O.B:5TH April 1937
Place of Birth: Port Harcourt River State
Address: Agada villa, Onitsha-Owerri Road Umuogbunafor Village Uzoawka P.O
Box 345, Ihiala Anambra State
Parents: father’s Name- Mazi W.O Chukwu
Place of Birth: Ndiejezie, Arondizugou Ideato North L.G.A Imo State
Mother’s Name: Grace U Chukwu (Nee-Okoronkwo Aniche)
Place Of Birth: Aro Abam Azia, Ihiala L.G.A Anambra state
Marriage: Married to Chief Eugene A.R. Okeke of Umuogbaunafor, Uzoawka Ihiala
Family: widowed- 2003. Children 6 three Boys three Girls with Grand and Great Grand Children
- Holy Rosary school P.H excelled in school sport – net hall and the school choir. 1943-1950
- Catholic mission hospital, ihiala 1953- 1955
- Th Whittington hospital, Archway. London N. 19 January 1959- Jan 1963
- Whittington hospital, archway London N,19 part 1midwifery training 1962- 1963
- Annie McCall Maternity hospital part 11 midwifery training 1963 -1964
- TO TTENAM TECHNICAL COLLEGE : Two Years Post S.R.N Course in Physics’, Anatomy and English Language
1. Grade 11 Midwifery certificate of Nigeria 1953
2. State Registration Certificate with distinction in medicine and awarded Hospital badge 1959-1963 of England and WALES
3. Part 1 and 11 midwifery certificate of England and WALES 1962 -1963
- Was promoted to night sister at the Whittington Hospital London from 1964 until she left in 1965.
- Did agency Nursing and acquired nursing experience in many Hospitals in London.
- Returned to Nigeria in 1966 and worked of a nursing sister in Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital 1967-1973
- 1973 joined Dumez pharmaceuticals as a Medical Representative. Dumez pharmaceutical is a subsidiary company of R.T Briscoe ABA. Worked with BRISTOL MYRES & MEAD JOHNSON handling pharmaceutical & nutrition products.
Worked finally with BRIAN MUMRO LTD as Regional supervisor of medical detailers coving some area in northern Nigeria. Finally rose to position of AREA Manager in Onitsha, the area comprises the former eastern retired in 1995 at Onitsha
TRAINNING ON THE JOB
- Nigeria institute of management course NIM on effective selling skills
- Professional training on detailing pharmaceuticals and nutrition products e.g. Cow & Gate Milk products
- Training on communication, marketing which took her to courses outside Nigeria like YOUNDE Cameroun, NAIROBI Kenya Cairo. Egypt
Has travelled to Germany and USA.
Highly involved in catholic women organization activities at Uzoawka & St. Martin of tours parish ihiala
- Received meritorious award of Nneoma Title of St.Martin Parish Ihiala 1997
- Catholic Men’s organization award of “kpakpaudo Okwukwe” 2013.
- An active member woman of Divine love – now Diocesan Coordinator.
- Former board of trustee member Ihiala progress union women wing.
- President Nneoma association St. martin parish Ihiala
Has had a distinguished working career, energetic, intelligent with peace loving personality.